Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A Tomato Flames & Flaps – 4/4/2012


Well, today I filed the paperwork for FAA Oral Exam and Checkride. I've also schedule my checkride which will take place on 4/18/2012 at 1PM. I was hoping for the 12-15 of next week, but it was recommended that I give more time for more studying and test prep. I agree though, I rather take my time and pass the exam than rush into it and blow it. I have to do a flight plan from KRHP (Andrews-Murphy, NC) to Birmingham, AL. Also have to do a weight and balance problem.

So, what's next? I have a flight schedule for 4/6 – it's going to a solo flight in the practice area to go over maneuvers. On 4/7, I have a ground lesson with our ground instructor. This will be a mock-oral test. On 4/8, I'm going up with the instructor to do more maneuvers. On 4/10, I'm going to do a solo cross-country to KRHP, and do maneuvers in that area so I can get use to it.

While at the flight school, I got a picture of Tyler Perry's private jet: 378MB.



What is “A Tomato Flames & Flaps”?

It's an acronym and it means:

A - Altimeter
T - Tachometer
O – Oil Pressure Gauge
M – Magnetic Compass
A – Airspeed Indicator
T – Temperature Gauge
O – Oil Temperature
F – Fuel Gauge
L – Landing Gear Position Indication
A – Anti-Collision Lights
M – Manifold Pressure Gauge
E - ELT
S - Seat Belts

& - &

F - Fuses
L – Landing Lights
A – Anti-Collision Lights
P – Position Lights
S – Source of Power

A Tomato Flames are the required items you need on an airplane for VFR Day flight, and Flaps are the required items you need on an airplane for VFR Night flight.


No comments:

Post a Comment