Thursday, February 23, 2012

Possible Grounding?

Well, with this being a 3-day weekend (Thursday, Friday, and Saturday,) I was really hoping to get some flying in. I was hoping to finish up my long solo cross-country, and start preparing for my check-ride.

Right now, looking at the weather forecast for KRYY the next several days, looks like I’m ground on all three due to winds (and some weather):

Thursday – Fog before 7AM, cloudy otherwise then gradually becoming mostly sunny. Winds Southwest at 5-15 with gusts up to 20.

Friday – Chance of showers and storms before 1PM, then mostly cloudy. Winds West around 10 with gust 20.

Saturday – Sunny. Winds Northwest between 15-25 with gust as high as 35.

The thing that seems to be grounding me is the winds. Have student solo restrictions on me of Winds up to 10, and crosswinds of 7.

Also, for today (Thursday) when I would be doing my cross country solo work the winds at the levels I would be flying would be: 6,000 feet – 260 @ 38knots 9,000 feet – 260 @ 51knots

I’m still planning on going to the flight school at 10AM today and just seeing at that time what it looks like, but more than likely, no-go for this weekend at all.

As we all know with weather, it can change in a heartbeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment