Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Planning for Thursday...

On Thursday, January 19, 2012, I'll be taking my first passenger up into the bird's playing field with me. My buddy Adam will be joining my instructor and I on a cross-country trip to Athens, GA. Even though I have satisfied all flying hours needed for Cross-Country Daytime Travel, I wanted to do one more, so Adam could come along. He's a nervous flier, so I hope that with me piloting he will feel more comfortable. We will be using 707PD for our trip. Will be using 707PD for all Cross-Countries as it seems it likes it more. Next Wednesday my flight instructor and I are planning a Cross-Country trip to Athens again, but this will be a night flight. Very first night flight, excited about it.

I've already gotten our route mapped out for Thursday, and am going to finish the Weights and Balance. Based off early estimates, it looks as if we will be just under the max weight, so we will probably take a tad bit less fuel... still plenty to get to Athens and back. I've been keeping an eye on the winds, and early indications are showing that we will have winds from the West to Southwest. Speeds around 5-10 with gust up to 15. At the higher levels, can expect winds at around 20 or so. Will have a nice tailwind going there, but coming back there is a possibility of some chop. Will focus on this more as we get closer.

Very excited to be taking my first passenger up...

No comments:

Post a Comment